Saturday, September 21, 2013

Blog #6

The Fickle Mind of a Gamer
            This has been a fated argument throughout the entirety of the game World of Warcraft’s reign in the video game world. The argument is one that is both trivial and extremely important to how the game is played. This argument is of which damage per second, also known as DPS, specialization should I go on my druid. Should I become a stealthy cat that rips open its foes with bleeds and fast paced action? Or should I become a huge chicken bird thing that brings both the power of the sun and the moon down on its foes with devastating power? Both of these sound so fun you say and that each of these specific specializations sound like they have such a different play style that both parties should understand that they will in some way be equal, yet they have their own strengths and weaknesses. However there are some that disagree completely that each of the specializations are equal and believe that one or the other is hands down the best specialization period for any given time while choosing the role as DPS.
            In this skit that will not be performed by me or anyone I will direct they will come into the conversation with each other stating which form they prefer as a Druid whether it be Cat form or Boomkin Form. Each of these people will describe why they think their form is superior briefly; and then go about to argue with the other about some of the more trivial mechanics of the class’s specialization trees. The next person to come into the skit will be the neutral party that disagrees with both parties and states that there is no set best class specialization but rather one that works better for each individual fight and provides examples of his/her thoughts in a neutral way that both parties could somewhat agree with.

Sorry this was late, my internet was down briefly this morning.

3 comments:

  1. Howdy!

    Don’t forget – the blog posts aren’t due until SUNDAY at noon, so you were quite early, actually!
    Secondly, you may want to add in which sentences are which (in parentheses) after the sentence itself!

    As far as the POWs (which I just realized is the same shortened version of Prisoners of War), I believe they are right. The first one is spot on, the second works (though the sentence seems a little strange). Just an idea on how to rewrite it:
    “You may say: those both sound like fun, and that each of those specific specializations sound like they have such a different play style that both parties should understand that they will in some way be equal, and yet they have their own strengths and weaknesses {COMPOUND SENTENCE WITH COMMA AND FANBOY}.”

    The semicolon is a tricky one – only because for that sentence, it’s not technically needed – a comma would suffice. If I remember correctly, a semicolon is similar to a dash, used to separate two related sentences without the use of a FANBOYS. I’ll provide my example (which I *THINK* is right, I’m not sure), to give you an idea of what I mean:
    “Agrippa is no common name; the mention of him as Victor Frankenstein’s idol in natural philosophy was what tipped me off in the first place {COMPOUND SENTENCE WITH A SEMICOLON}.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your use of FANBOYS worked really well and were on point! The second one sounded a little lengthy, but overall, I thought you understood the general use of FANBOYS. As for the semicolon, I felt like the way you used it wasn't necessary; I think a comma would've been sub vise since you had the word "and." I'm pretty sure it still works but I feel that it wasn't needed in that particular spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, Emma's right: that semicolon should be a comma... because of the conjunction.

    ReplyDelete